The IPM program at PCC addresses the patient’s needs in the following areas:
- Patient-centered diagnosis and treatment: general health assessment and individualized treatment planning.
- Nutrition and healthy eating: choice of anti-inflammatory foods such as green leafy vegetables, fish, and legumes.
- Activity-centered care: exercising to help decrease inflammation, increase mobility, and reduce overall pain levels.
- Sleep hygiene: creating both bedroom environment and daily routines to promote consistent and uninterrupted sleep.
- Mental health care: wellness skills, resiliency building in individual or group settings
- Proper use of pain medications: taking medications regularly as prescribed, even when you don’t feel pain.
- Proper use of pain procedures: steroid injections, heat-based remedies, and other interventional therapies.
- Proper use of supplemental help: health supplements, vitamins, and assistive devices
- Biofeedback techniques: help the patient learn to control pain.
- Self-management: educate patients on self-management skills.